Monday, March 1, 2010

Who Loves Mother Teresa?

I had to share something with you! I found a prayer written by Mother Teresa of Calcutta. It is the prayer of my heart. I'm going to nursing school, and I have found myself asking God to never let me become too jaded or worn. I asked Him to always remind me why I'm doing what I'm doing, and keep me focused with a servant's heart. A true blessing to me, I have found a prayer that I have taped to the inside of my Clinical Notebook and when I become a nurse, it will be lovingly taped to my locker for me to read and pray every day before work. (And perhaps a time or two during the shift on tough days:)

Dearest Lord, May I see You today and every day in the person of your sick, and while nursing them, minister to You. Though You hide yourself behind the unattractive guise of the irritable, the exacting and the unreasonable, may I still recognize You, and say "Jesus, my patient, how sweet it is to serve you."

1 comment: